Monday, April 6, 2015

Messenger of God



Messenger of God

It was a fine Sunday evening and I was fighting with sleep to wake up. At that time my mobile start ringing. Oh god! Its too boring to get out of the bed and pick up the call.

“Ha, Aai bolo”
“Kya kar rahe ho beta?”
“Kuch nahi Aai, aaram kar raha tha”

Actually my Sundays schedule is fixed. Wake up at late morning then taking lunch then watching any movie or doing timepass on internet then sleeping and wake up directly at evening. My lots of Sundays are went like this in laziness.

“Beta tum subah mandir gaye the?”
“Nahi Aai, time nahi mila”
“Are kya time nahi mila? Week me ek din to milata hai, us din to mandir jaya karo”
“Lekin Aai, mai last Sunday to gaya tha mandir!!”
“To kya hua, khana to har roz khate ho na? Abhi jaldi se taiyar hokar mandir jakar aao”
“Thik hai Aai”
“Take care beta”

Actually I am not completely atheist. Somewhat I believe in god. I also go to temple, but not regularly.

I reached the temple, gave some coins to beggars outside the temple and entered inside the temple.

In the crowd inside the temple, everyone was looking in hurry. Someone was trying to break the line. I wondered if people were in so much hurry, if they don’t want to stand 5 minutes in a queue then why they came to temple? Breaking the queue doesn’t mean that god will listen to you early!!

After doing pranam to god I took Prasad and sat in one corner of the temple. I was observing the people in the crowd, at that time I realized that someone was observing me!! He was almost of my age. Before I could say anything he said Hi to me with smiling face.

I somewhat in confusion, “Hi, but can I know you?”

“In the temple of god everyone is same, right? So no need of formal introduction!!” he said.

After some formal discussion he asked me, “Do you believe in God?”

“Means?”

“Means do you believe in god? As simple as that!!”

“Yes, I do believe in god and everyone came here believe in god that’s why they came to temple” I continued “I believe in my own strengths but we have to keep some faith in god also, right?”

“Exactly, we have to keep some faith in god and at the same time we have to find our own strengths and abilities” he said.

“But what about you? Do you believe in god?” now I was in confidence.

On this question he smiled and answered, “Yes, I believe in god but my definition of god is different!!”

“What? Definition of god? God is same for everyone, doesn’t he?” now my tone became somewhat louder.

“Calm down my friend Calm down. The basic difference between you and me is, you see god only in temples and I see god in every good things”

By seeing my confusion he further explained, “See, you believe god is everywhere right?” I nodded in positive.

“Yes, god is everywhere” I said.

“God is everywhere but try to see it. Try to see god in every human being. In every helping hand I see god. I see god in my parents” he said. “I don’t see god in Idols, I see god in every human and in every good thing”

“So you are saying that god is everywhere and you don’t have to come to temple” I said thinking what exactly he is talking?

“No. You have misunderstood me. I don’t have any oppose to temples or people coming to temple. I like it, that’s why I came here” he further added.

“So what are you trying to say??” me.

“I am trying to say that, keep faith in god but don’t keep blind faith. Don’t follow god blindly, do hard work and for that don’t depend on god, help others, try to make things better, this will make your life meaningful”

“Ok. That’s good but why you came to temple?” I said.

“Because I like the ambience of temple. I feel refreshed by coming here. If you observe the people here they are looking happy. Of course not everyone is happy, but whoever is in trouble will also get refreshed by the atmosphere present here and forget his sadness for a moment. Everyone is behaving gently with each other. No one is shouting on each other. If we able to keep such a kindness in a society and in our daily life, our life will become so much peaceful”  Now I was very much involved in listening his words.

“You know, I respect those people who are helping the beggars outside the temple. Feeding these hungry people is more important than keeping fruits and Prasad in front of the god. Their blessing will give very much satisfaction than the satisfaction of god. I had never kept fruits, Prasad or money in front of god instead of that I am helping to poor peoples and giving some food to some people”

“And I am not saying that I am doing a great job or I am a great person. I am  just doing my duty because I feel that I owe something to society. I am doing it by my way because I am living on my own principles”

“Living on your principles is good but you have to follow society’s rule, no? you have to do what everyone is doing otherwise you have to suffer” I said.

“My friend, fighting with world is easy but fighting with your own principles is not easy because, you are the winner and you are the only looser!!” he said.

“You can do these things outside temple also, what is need of coming to temple?” me

“Yes, you are right. I am not saying that you have to come temple regularly. Our priority should be to help people. We all are doing our daily routine work. We need some change. We need some ideal place where we can meet new peoples, share our experiences and help each other and I think mandir is very good place for that. But remember my friend again I am telling you, don’t keep blind faith in god, don’t be dependent on god and don’t waste your money on god instead of that use these money to help some needy people, feed hungry people then god will definitely become very happy”

I was very much impressed by his work. “Nice job yaar. I think you are perfectly balancing the religious and social life. But I have one question, people remember god only when they are in trouble and they forget god when they are happy. What would you say about this?”

“There is also good thing in this. See, if you are happy and satisfied you will not do any bad things. And when you are in trouble you are going to god but at the same time you remember all the bad things you have done in the past. By closing your eyes for 2 minutes in front of god you say, Bhagvan is bar bacha lena, aage se koi galati nahi hogi. If you really mean that then it is very good thing” he was explaining very much clearly.

“Very nice yaar. I am really impressed. What is your name friend?” after asking this question I wondered to myself because after doing this important discussion for so long time, now I am asking his name!!

“What is in the name? conversation is important” he quickly replied.

“Phir bhi!!”

“You can call me ‘MITRAA’, because we became friends now, right?”

“Yes, Mitraa. I will definitely try to implement these principles in my life” I said in confidence.

“Also try to motivate some more people like you” he further added.

“Sure”

I was walking out of temple with big satisfaction. Today I realized the true meaning of going to temple and God.

5 comments:

  1. beatifuly composed blog delivering a very important message to the society...truly admirable...gr8 job man

    ReplyDelete
  2. superlike sushant...well written and very descriptive...!!
    is it atrue story or a fable??

    ReplyDelete